Welcome to AHA BLS at Emperors College!
Two class dates now open: Sun Oct 8, Sun Nov 19. Lock in the current rate before prices go up on January 1, 2024!
Thank you for your interest in the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) and Heartsaver First Aid program at Emperors College in Santa Monica, California. I primarily serve the faculty and students at Emperors and have done so since 2016.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are able to obtain certification successfully without any hiccups.
- You MUST register for the class to guarantee your spot. Completion of the online content (below) does not guarantee your spot in the class. Completion of the online content is not necessary for registration.
- This class is a blended learning class – there is no lecture component in-person. There are TWO (2) online components that are purchased and completed directly through the AHA. These must be completed before class begins.
- You do NOT need to complete the online components before registering, but you must complete them before class begins.
- You must send me the 2 completed online certificates via e-mail before class begins.
- Classes are held at Emperors College outdoors, on the main campus.
- The courses are aligned for the 2020 Emergency Cardiovascular Care guidelines. If you are performing a recertification, the 2015 guidelines are obsolete. You will need to complete the online material in order to be admitted to the in-person skills test.
- Online content may take you 5-8 hours. It is very difficult to complete the online content the night before the in-person skills test. The in-person skills test is approximately 2 hours.
- Registration is $100 per student to me and is in addition to the online content fees paid directly to the AHA. (Please note: class fees will be raised in 2024.)
- I don’t generally issue refunds, including the inability to complete online content before class.
- I can’t provide technical support for the online material if you’re having trouble. Please contact the AHA directly if you experience issues with the online material.
- Sunday, October 8, 2023
- Sunday, November 19, 2023
Times: 10am (more times to be added depending on demand)
I will send you an e-mail for you to select your class date after you have paid. You must send me your 2 online completion certificates before the beginning of class. I will send you an e-mail to confirm with you the time preference you’d like. Your choice is subject to availability and the order in which each student has completed these steps.